This year will be a little different. There will be several seasons this year. And the top point earner for the year will be crowned 2021 Series Champion.
Team HAAS from last season has the opportunity to remain together…we shall see. Will RWB_Twili take the crown again this season?
Races Begin August 4th
- 5 Races | 5 Weeks
- 60 Minute Endurance Races
- Practice/Qualifier/Race format
- Team Based
- Compulsory tire changes/requirements
- There will only be 16 drivers. If more register, we will have a qualifier on Wednesday July 28th, and the top 16 will compete.
- TBD Qualifying would be at Barcelona, with 1 out lap, 3 hot laps, and 1 in lap. No tire or fuel wear. Lobby would open from 8pm ET to 11pm ET
TEAMS AND DRIVERS:
Teams will be chosen on July 26th (FB Live Broadcast)
The previous championship team is allowed to stay together if they choose, or will be put back into the draw.
The team will be drawn, then t2 drivers.
RWB members have priority over outside members, but all are encouraged to sign up.
Livery’s need to be submitted by August 1st.
Before each race will be a qualifier. There will be no fuel or tire wear during qualifying. Qualifiers will be 10 min.
Lobby will be open at 7:30pm Eastern for practice.
Qualifier will begin promptly at 8:00pm ET, using the Practice/Qualifier/Race format. If you are late, then you miss the race.
|Race #||Course||Date||Fuel||Tires||Race Time On Track||Required Tires|
|1||Barcelona||04-AUG-2021||x3||x5||16:30||RH 5 Laps|
|2||Red Bull Ring||11-AUG-2021||x3||x5||13:15||RH 5 Laps|
|3||Spa||18-AUG-2021||x3||x5||12:00||RH 5 Laps|
|4||Suzuka||25-AUG-2021||x3||x5||14:30||RH 5 Laps|
|5||Nürburgring GP/F||01-SEP-2021||x3||x5||15:00||RH 5 Laps|
|Position||Team Name||Total Points|
Driver Finishing Results
|Driver Name||Wins||Podiums||Top 5||Top 10|
- Tuning: No
- Tires Available: S,M,H
- Required Tires: Hard (5 lap minimum)
- Damage: Light
- Slipstream: Real
- Track Edge: Real
- Driving Aids: Off
- TC: Available
- ABS: Available
- Shortcut: Weak
- Normal RWB Rules/Penalties.
- If you force a car off track or cause an incident whereby you gain a position over someone, you MUST give that position back.
- You must slow down, and allow the affected car to pass you, and give them back the position. If that other car has heavy damage from the incident, then you must allow them to pass you first, before you can continue racing. At which point, you may pass them at race speed and continue on.
- TO BE CLEAR….If you don’t serve your penalties appropriately, you will be penalized with position penalties.
- Penalties for no redress:
- 2 Finishing positions if you do not redress before crossing the start finish line on the lap the incident happened (or the next lap if the incidents happens at or near the start finish. If it is on the last lap, Stewards will review potential intentions)
- 1 additional finishing position for every time you cross the start finish line before allowing the offended driver to pass.
- You may not use the Pits as a mechanism to slow and give the driver back the position.
- If both drivers receive damage, you may go into pits ahead of offended driver for repairs, and then you must yield the position on the out lap.
- All track penalties for shortcuts, must be served before crossing the start finish line on the lap the penalty has occurred.
- If (like at Red Bull Ring) you get the penalty on the last corner, and it doesn’t show up until you are crossing the line, you must serve it on the next lap. The gist is, that you serve your penalty on the lap you get it.
- If you do not serve your time penalty before crossing start finish appropriately, you will be given a grid start penalty of 1 space for each infraction.
- Mandatory Tires
- Failure to run the required tires will cost a 1 minute penalty
- Failure to run the required number of laps will be a 20 second penalty per missing lap.
- Crossing pit lane exit will result in a 5 second penalty for each infraction, added at the end of the race.
- RWB rules prohibit a driver from making “two moves”, the idea being that the leading driver chooses their line and then has to stick to it and not perform an additional move in reaction to the following driver’s choice of passing points. This can also be described as “moving in the breaking zone”, or changing your line after you begin braking, to “defend” the corner, when a driver is making a move to pass you.
- If a driver decides to take the inside line, they need to stay on the inside line. If they come back out in front of another driver to impede the other driver taking a faster line, then that is blocking.
- Illegal blocking will result in a penalty for each infraction with a grid start penalty in the next race, or a position penalty if it is the final race.
- Red Bull
- Alpha Tauri
- Aston Martin
- Fastest Lap – 1
- Pole Position – 1
- 01 – 22
- 02 – 18
- 03 – 15
- 04 – 13
- 05 – 12
- 06 – 11
- 07 – 10
- 08 – 9
- 09 – 8
- 10 – 7
- 11 – 6
- 12 – 5
- 13 – 4
- 14 – 3
- 15 – 2
- 16 – 1
Reserve drivers, will drive for the team they are filling in for. And any points they earn, will go toward the driver and the team they are filling in for. A reserve driver is only allowed to drive for another driver once.
- Must not contain profanity
- Cars are not required to be “matching” for the teams, but is encouraged.
- The official RWB 2021 red circle logo, must be present on every car, on the left and right “other” winglets
- The driver PSN name is required on the back of the rear wing of every car
- The RWB Number placard is required on the nose, and both sides of the rear wing.
- Sponsors and charities of your choosing are allowed.
- Reserve Drivers should run the driver livery for whom they represent, or no livery at all.